RusselSmith will be participating in the 2022 edition of the…
RS INSPIRE Essay Competition
RusselSmith is pleased to announce the commencement of its RS Inspire Essay Competition, a contest which encourages innovative thinking and promotes the development of home-grown solutions to problems (technical and otherwise) in the Nigerian energy sector.
Essay Topic: The Future of Robotic Technologies in The Nigerian Energy Sector
Entry Requirements: Participants must be students of tertiary institutions (universities, polytechnics, etc.) in Nigeria.
How to Enter:
Visit https://russelsmithgroup.com/inspire-essay/submit to submit your entry.
Each participant is expected to submit only one document, and the document must be in PDF format.
The file name of your document should be your name (e.g. Nkechi Balogun.pdf).
Essay Submission Deadline: 17 August 2018
1) Entries must be written in English and must be the original work of the participants. If plagiarism is detected in an entry, such an entry will be automatically disqualified.
2) Entries must not exceed 1500 words and must be a minimum of 1200 words.
3) The body of the essay should be in Arial font (11pt).
4) No literary form other than an essay format will be accepted.
5) Entries must be specifically written for the competition.
6) Each piece of writing must reflect the contestant’s ability to explore and discuss ideas and ethical concepts.
7) Each essay must include a cover page which bears the participant’s full name, the name of the participant’s educational institution, department, and year of study. It should also have the participant’s e-mail address and a functional mobile phone number.
Criteria: Essays will be judged based on: clarity of expression, spelling and grammar, originality of thought, depth of analysis, relevance to industry, and conformity to contest rules.
Note: Winners will be announced on 7 September 2018
First Prize: N100,000
Second Prize; N60,000
Third Prize: N40,000
The winning essays will be published on the RusselSmith website and also published in RusselSmith’s monthly publication, Innova Magazine, in addition to being published on other platforms.