Offshore construction is the installation or construction of structures and facilities in a marine environment, usually for the production and transmission of electricity, oil, gas and other resources.
Because construction in the offshore environment is a difficult and dangerous activity, we fabricate structures at our onshore bases and transport them offshore for installation. This is done to optimize the costs and risks of installing large offshore structures.
RusselSmith is a leading provider of Offshore Construction Support Services in Nigeria and Africa as a whole. Our personnel are certified and trained to industry standards to carry out a range of duties on offshore facilities.
Our offshore construction services include:
- Base shop facilities, complete with fabrication machines and other equipment
- Sub arc welding of float equipment
- Tension netting
- Cutting and welding of conductors and wellheads
- Welding habitat (hot work enclosure)
- Pre-welding/post-welding heat treatment
- Fabrication of bit breakers, support bit gussets and abandonment caps