|Job Reference Code:
Position: PROCUREMENT MANAGERSummary of Functions:
• Maintains Oversight Management of the below Procurement & Purchasing functions
Purchasing & supply of requisitioned items/equipment within defined timeframe
Product bargaining & negotiation
Purchase requisition & order processing
Vendor evaluation & management
Market survey & competitive pricing
Cost savings initiatives & measures
Exploring purchase option of direct purchase from manufacturers/online
Conducting market surveys
Defining benchmark pricing
Shipping of procured company asset and equipment.
Implementation of the procurement execution strategy and procedures in accordance with the company guidelines.
Oversees vendors/contractors performance to ensure compliance with all contractual terms and conditions.
Directs purchasing activities which includes researching, identifying, and evaluating vendors for pricing and quality, documenting all purchasing decisions, and completing purchase orders.
A good university first degree is required.
• Purchasing-related certifications i.e. Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) will be an added advantage
• Experience in supply chain development of procurement strategies is desirable
thorough knowledge of commercial and legal terms and conditions
• Ability to manage contractual/commercial issues.
• Good coordinating and multitasking skills
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Good bargaining, pricing and negotiation skills.
• Exercise good judgment in safeguarding confidential or sensitive information and adhere to high standards of confidentiality and honesty.
• Effective time management skills
• Problem solving, data literacy and analytical skills
• Good vendor management skills
• Good team spirit skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft office tools
• Knowledge of general principles and practices of bargaining, purchasing and procurement supply chain.
Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing, vision and speaking within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting occasional fast paced events and extensive work at a computer monitor.
How to Apply: Apply Here