|Job Reference Code:
Position: Procurement AdministratorSummary of Functions:
• Organizes, coordinates and monitors the assigned project procurement activities at the various stages of work, as well as takes the appropriate measures to ensure that the entire project procurement cycle is on schedule and within the budget and in accordance with requisition or contract requirements.
• Develops and implements the procurement execution strategy and procedures in accordance with the company guidelines.
• Planning and development of project scheduling with reference to issue dates of requisitions and purchase order placement.
• Monitor the issue of material requisitions within required dates. Review requisitions for completeness and expediting all missing data and/or documents and establish early required delivery dates for equipment and materials in accordance with procedure and schedule
• Analyzes and evaluates purchase requisition forms, as assigned, to ensure purchases meet requirements.
• Communicates with requesting unit or department personnel in person, by telephone or in writing when discrepancies appear on unit/department’s purchase requisitions and modifies forms accordingly to ensure adherence with company’s procurement processes
• Communicates with vendors to interpret, clarify, inform and resolve procurement issues.
• Provides assistance to office personnel on appropriate purchasing procedures.
• Monitors vendors/contractors performance to ensure compliance with all contractual terms and conditions. Communicates with departmental manager on recommendations to resolve vendor performance issues.
• Assist and ensure the update of vendor database files in the company approved system in order to establish authorized vendor status.
• Initiates and processes requests for quotations for department’s purchases, researching, evaluating, and making appropriate selection of product or service classification from the company master vendor list.
• Coordinating purchasing activities includes researching, identifying, and evaluating vendors for pricing and quality, documenting all purchasing decisions, and completing purchase orders
• Preparation and issues inquiries for commodities, equipment, services and fabrication to suppliers in order to obtain competitive bids.
• Monitors all project procurement activities and takes appropriate action(s) to assure that the inquiry cycle, approvals, and commitments are on schedule. •
Ensure authorized signatory approvals are followed, and purchase order/change orders are prepared and issued with applicable attachments.
• Informs the departmental manager or H.O.D of complex procurement issues, critical areas or where vendor claims may have been requested and recommend corrective actions.
• Review and issue purchasing reports such as inquiry status summary, purchase order list and other reports as required.
• Identify vendors for vendor alignment and participate in vendor alignment meetings where necessary.
• Maintains good relationships with vendors to provide the maximum utilization of their expertise, ideas, methods and material application in order to achieve maximum cost savings.
• Assists the IAC Unit, evaluates existing vendors as well as develops new vendors and prepare the master vendor list where necessary.
• Maintains the highest ethical and professional standards and ensures that all departmental guidelines are followed.
• Coordinates, as needed, with the logistics personnel to assure the timely and cost effective transport of all equipment and materials to the required site.
• Process claims, back-charges and liquidated damages as foreseen in the purchase orders when required
• Ensure that distribution of procurement documentation is promptly accomplished as required by procurement flow chart and seek approvals, authorizations and signatures.
• Maintain and file necessary vendor correspondence and purchasing documentation for information and auditing purposes in accordance with departmental file management system.
• Review, proofread, and verify forms, invoices, requisitions and financial documents as necessary for accuracy in calculation and adherence to policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
A good first degree in related field.
• Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people are essential.
• Good reasoning ability is important.
• Good team spirit and project management skills
• Good administrative and organizational skills
• Good problem-solving skills and initiative
• Good relational and customer service skills
• Strong quantitative skills such as statistics and data analysis skills
Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing, vision and speaking within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
How to Apply: Apply Here