|Job Reference Code:
Position: APPLICATION DEVELOPERSummary of Functions:
• Creating, maintaining and implementing the source code that makes up the application or program. Also responsible for designing the prototype application, indicating program unit structure, and coordinating application plans with other members of the development team or customer.
• Responsible for designing, developing, delivering, and improving in-house software applications on a variety of platforms and systems.
• Maintaining systems by monitoring and correcting software defects.
• Working closely with other staff on the maintenance and performance of software systems and asking questions to obtain information, clarify details and implement information.
• Finding and fixing faults in applications.
• Solving application problems in a timely manner.
• Ensuring proper version control and documentation of development activity.
• Developing user guides and providing varying degrees of software support.
• Making sure that applications can be run on existing and new hardware.
• Creating applications tailored to business needs to run on platforms/hardware.
• Delivering technical presentations/demonstrations of work.
• Researching, identifying and recommending new applications that would improve company operations.
• Applying proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate, verify, communicate, and resolve software application issues through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of RusselSmith’s IT investments and initiatives.
• Reports - Generating the required weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual reports and presentations based on applications developed or improved on.
• Monitoring and managing databases for optimal performance.
• Recognize business needs of the organization and create new applications that answer those needs.
• Other duties as required by the Organization.
• Bachelors degree in related information technology degree
• Two to three years of application development experience.
• Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
• Working technical knowledge of networks, PCs, servers and operating systems
• Working technical knowledge of current Windows Operating systems software, protocols, and standards, including firewalls and Active Directory
• Demonstrated ability and experience in working with current best practices and technologies for front end web development such HTML5, CSS3, JQuery and Bootstrap
• Demonstrated ability and experience in working with one or more server-side web development toolsets such as the LAMP stack.
• Experience with version control systems.
• Knowledge of copyright laws as they pertain to the use of computer software.
• Hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
• Experience with data management.
• Experience with software documentation.
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
• Experience in developing Business Intelligence solutions. Specific experience with Microsoft PowerBI is a plus.
• Experience in providing support for business applications
• Knowledge and understanding of system flow charts, data processing concepts, and telecommunications principles.
• Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
• Ability to provide technical training to end users.
• Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
• Work with users requires interpersonal skills.
• Ability to invent new ways of approaching problems and developing innovative applications.
• Responsibilities may require evening and weekend work in response to needs of the systems being supported.
Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computers, calculators, printers and copiers.
Responsibilities may require evening and weekend work in response to needs of the systems being supported.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer monitor.
How to Apply: Apply Here