Rapidly Screen Your Pipelines for Defects, and Get More Accurate and Reliable Results
Long Range Ultrasonic Testing (LRUT), also known as Guided Wave Ultrasonic Testing(GWUT), is a fast and cost-effective method for inspecting long lengths of pipe.
Our LRUT service allows for screening of up to 100 meters of pipeline in one test (50meters in both directions), and can be performed on piping that is still in operation,insulated, buried, and in areas that are difficult to access such as those at high elevations, in combination with our Rope Access Service.
How it Works?
A ring of transducers is fitted around the pipeline, then low frequency ultrasonic waves are generated via the transducers, longitudinally into the pipeline wall. The returning echoes indicate defects such as corrosion and other abnormalities.
Advantages of LRUT.
- Allows for Screening long lengths of pipe at one time (up to 100m for pipes above ground)
- Detects corrosion and erosion under insulation of pipes
- Shorter inspection time
- Does not require removal of insulation, apart from 1 meter for the transducer ring
- Reliable and consistent results
- Screening of on and offshore pipework, even in tightly packed racks
- Analysis of pipes at difficult-access locations, such as wall penetrations, road crossings and buried sites
- Detection of corrosion at pipe supports, clamps and pipe racks
To learn more about how our Long Range Ultrasonic Testing (LRUT) services can benefit your operations, contact us using the details below.