|Job Reference Code:
Position: Commercial Project ControllerSummary of Functions:
1. Project Management
• Monitor the integrated set of bid / project schedules, costs, and resources in accordance with the company timetable, procedures, cost structure and Work Break-down Structure
• Generate the overall critical path across the integrated set of bids / projects and reconcile issues, making recommendations to assist in the recovery of slippage, where applicable.
• Undertake earned value calculations, where applicable, to support bid / project performance forecasting.
• Undertake and coordinate the formal update of bid / project schedules, interdependencies, resource allocations budgets and financial status, addressing issues with project team members and escalating as appropriate to project and functional management.
• Analyze resource profiles resulting from the monthly schedule update process and make recommendations to reconcile resource loading anomalies ahead of the forward load extraction.
2. Sales Order Management
• Undertake all baseline and change control activities associated with the schedules including regular local archiving of the associated database(s).
• Collection and Issuance of Mobilization & Demobilization notices
• Sales Order Queries Resolution
• Collation of Daily Progress Reports (DPRs)
• Allocation/Assignment of Project Job Numbering
• Allocation/Assignment of Project Crew Names
3. Project Procurement
• Manage and update the sales order database, sales pipeline, project cost tracking sheet, sales order tracker report and prospects database
• Maintenance of Commercial Vendor list
• Understands the company’s policies and procedures, interests and strategic planning as well as laws and rules governing contracts.
• Maintaining and expanding good relationships with existing customers
• A university degree in social sciences or related field is preferred.
• A thorough understanding of planning techniques – for example; the application of critical path analysis, work breakdown structures.
• A high level of proficiency in the use of project planning tools and standard business administration software.
• Commercial awareness that demonstrates useable knowledge of how conditions of contract are applied.
• Practical knowledge of the full business lifecycle management
• Client and stakeholder management in a complex, multi-disciplinary, multi-site project management context.
• Experience that has provided a practical knowledge of commercial and project related functions in the Oil and Gas industry.
• Able to interpret the requirements of projects for a project control service and to effectively apply the correct processes and tools to ensure the effective delivery of the service, either directly or through delegation to other members of the Virtual Project Office.
• Excellent technical project planning skills with proficiency in common project planning tool sets (such as Microsoft Online Project, Primavera, SAGE X3).
Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing, vision and speaking within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computers, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting occasional fast paced events and extensive work at a computer monitor and/or calculator.
How to Apply: Apply Here